47Lining, a REAN Cloud Company, helps customers build, operate and manage breathtaking "Data Machines" for their data-driven businesses.
QR Code Link to This Post
At 47Lining, we believe in building high performance teams who are passionate about what they do. We enjoy learning from each other and our clients, and our spirit of collaboration permeates everything we do.
We are seeking experienced Principal Consultants to lead and manage big data in Amazon Web Services (AWS) engagements. The ideal contributor will have a strong hands-on engineering background coupled with professional services delivery experience and a track record for partnering closely with customer teams to deliver successful engagements on-time and in-budget.
- Vision to partner with customers on roadmap and liaise with sales and delivery teams to distill customer needs to actionable proposals and statements of work
- Ability to identify and articulate sources of customer value from data & advanced analytics. Ability to create roadmaps and decompose phases and steps to realize value.
- Ability to write high-level agile stories based on customer needs and break them down into actionable technical tasks for contributors
- Experience managing and supporting technical contributors
- Ability to work closely with customer teams and communicate effectively about scope, schedule, resources trade-offs
- Experience creating deliverables that articulate business value of technical work
- Strong background in commercial-grade software development with Java, Python, SQL
- Hands-on experience developing advanced analytics in SQL, R, Spark or similar tools
- Experience with AWS architectures, development, and deployment
- Strong experience with middle-tier web services development (REST APIs)
- Ability to work across all layers of an application, from back-end databases through UI
- Proficient with SQL databases and knowledge of standard methodologies
- Experience with enterprise-scale data warehouse technologies (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Data Warehouse, Vertica, Redshift)
- Good working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with core services including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Experience with deployment automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Exposure to networking & load balancing solutions
- Ability to work with development teams to deliver high-quality
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Excellent documentation habits
Key Focus Areas:
- Work closely with customers to ensure successful delivery
- Manage matrixed engineering resources allocated to engagement delivery teams
- Contribute to technical delivery:
- Front End Application Development (Application Views & Controller)
- REST API design and development
- Domain Entity and Behavior Modeling, Design, and Implementation
- 3rd-party application, service and data integration
- Data Management, Mapping, Translation & Persistence
- Large-scale Data Management & Workflow
- Analytic development and automation
Full-time, W-2 employee with benefits
Flexible, but Boulder, Colorado is preferred