Urgent & Immediate Hiring - Mobile Device Repair Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
Freshers & Experienced Technicians can apply
This position is responsible for the physical repair of many types of mobile devices (mostly iPhones), the sale of refurbished devices, and the sale of mobile accessories. The vast majority of current repairs are currently cell phones, but iPods, tablets, iPads and other devices are also accepted for repair. To be considered, a high school diploma or GED is preferred but not required, along with a written resume. Prior experience repairing small electronics or equivalent technical training is a huge plus. The ability to work independently and efficiently, with little to no supervision.
Must be well organized, neat, and have a methodical work style. Proficiency in Microsoft programs and email communications is desired. Good person-to-person communication skills and the ability to be patient with customers are both highly valued traits for this position. Compensation is negotiable, depending on actual experience brought to the table
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who likes working with their hands, has basic mechanical ability, good vision, excellent manual dexterity, possesses excellent customer servicing skills, is organized, thorough, detail oriented, and has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a relaxed but sometimes fast-paced environment.
Previous wireless sales, cell phone, computer, and related gadget repair experience is desirable but not required - we will train the right person.
Starting rate is commensurate with a candidate's technical experience or combined experience if applicable. If a candidate possesses skills or experiences detailed in this job post they may be eligible for a starting rate between $12 - $14 per hour. Typical starting hourly rate during our 90-day probationary period is $10.25 per hour for an "untrained technician", we provide on the job training. We pay the best wages in the market, but we also expect the best performance. We are a pay as per performance company, we pay you based on your skill level. If you get to the next level in 2 days you get a raise in 2 days, if it takes you 6 months you get a raise in 6 months. It's all driven by you. We're looking for motivated employees to grow with us!
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Fixed or Flexible Hours
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- IRA Plan
- Competitive Salary Ranges
- Flex Vacation Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- No Pressure work environment
- Friendly & relaxed atmosphere
We are an established and growing electronics repair store located in Windsor, Connecticut. Since 2002.
Our reputation is built on our truly outstanding service standards, customers absolutely love us with:
5-star rating on Yelp
5-star rating on Yellow Pages
4.7-star Ratings on Google
4.9-star ratings on Facebook
We had formed this company 15 years ago to give customers an alternative to the long waits, over charges and general neglect by major retail computer & phone repair chains. We offer our customers a place to discuss and learn about computers, tablets and cell phones and how they change the way you live. Our Dedication to customer service is out most valuable asset. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction.
TRULY "One Stop Shop" for Phone, Tablet, Computer & Networking needs. We take pride in resolving issues from homes to local businesses. Services we provide: Mobile Device Repair, Computer Repair, Data Recovery -
Due to our growing customer base, we are seeking a Cell Phone & Tablet Repair Technician to join our team. If you love the inner workings of small personal electronic devices and are interested in a career position in this burgeoning industry, we are interested in speaking to you!
TYPICAL DUTIES / JOB DESCRIPTION
Diagnose, disassemble, repair, and reassemble all types of wireless cell phones, tablets, and other mobile devices
Act as a backup front desk person, if needed.
If you are a senior level tech we expect you to help in training the junior techs in future
Perform quality cracked screen replacements on all types of smartphones
Diagnose and repair power/home button, charging port, software, audio and other functionality issues
Perform factory unlocking, data transfer, backup, flashing and data recovery services
Carefully decontaminate and restore electronic components damaged by water or other liquids
Update and maintain work-orders for each and every device being repaired
Keep customers informed throughout each stage of the repair process
Ensure reputation for superior service is maintained during all interactions with customers and co-workers
Maintain a clean workstation and workplace environment
Additional duties as required
Speak with customers and properly diagnose device issues and sell accessories
Repair all makes and models of cell phones & tablets
Perform quality inspections before and after repair process.
Use the computer to access inventory and customer invoices.
Perform high-quality repairs and refurbishment of electronic devices ie: cell phones, tablets, computers, and other small electronic devices
Accurately document repair work and parts information in computer tracking system
Monitor parts inventory
Dismantle old electronic devices
Keeps work area clean
Performs other duties as required by management
Follow company procedures
Document the work performed
Checking customers in and out using POS System
Cleaning the store - including bathroom
Taking out Trash
Answer phone calls
Check-in parts into system after inspection
The capacity to remain calm and collected, regardless of the situation, is a necessity. There will be times when you're faced with difficult situations and decisions; if you cannot provide quality service to customers, this is not the job for you.
NON-TECH SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Unquestionable honesty and integrity
- Passion for wireless phones and gadgets
- Organized and efficient
- Follows company process and procedures
- Responsible and accountable
- Maintains the highest commitment to customer service
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Strong work ethic; reliable, dependable and punctual
- Can do attitude
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Can work successfully without requiring supervision
- Great interpersonal & communication skills including phone skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Attention to detail, well organized
- Able to quickly learn new skills and adapt to new challenges
- Takes ownership of problems and follows through to resolution - ensure customer is 100% satisfied with the repair
- Sets customer expectations before accepting a repair
- Responsible: "no excuses" attitude,
- Follows up with customers days after the repair to ensure 100% satisfaction
Someone who keeps himself busy with work to benefit the company with or without supervision
Always provide 5-star service to customers - in the company customer service overrides making profits, we expect highest standards of service possible for each and every customer each and every time
QUALIFICATIONS FOR FRESHERS:
â€¢ No previous skill set needed but helps to have repair history.
â€¢ Knowledge the cell phone industry helps, but not a requirement.
â€¢ Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills, loves puzzles.
â€¢ Deadline and detail-oriented
â€¢ Must have reliable transportation and have availability Monday thru Saturday (no Sundays)
â€¢ A strong passion and interest in technology
â€¢ A desire to learn, and the ability to listen and ask questions
â€¢ A positive and professional attitude
- Basic Computer Usage
- Process RMA/Returns
- Inventory Management
- Ability to use software tools to transfer data between phone and computer
- Ability to custom quote repairs
- Basic knowledge of iOS, Android and Windows mobile operating systems
- Research skills - effectively and efficiently use company resources and the internet to troubleshoot issues
- Must be gentle and speak politely especially to elderly customers and non-technical customers
- ability to work Saturdays
- Excellent technical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, we recycle electronics
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Green Card Holder or at least have Work Authorization (we do NOT sponsor visa)
- Ability to perform Glass Only repairs on Samsung Devices
- Ability to perform Microsoft Surface LCD Assembly Replacement
- Micro Soldering experience is a plus
- Able to follow procedures to unlock phones
- Ability to repair Google, Motorola & LG Phone Repairs
- Ability to adjust prices based on parts prices changes
- Ability to check in computers for repair
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network Plus and CompTIA Security Plus is a big plus to have since we primarily fix computers and related issues.
- Experience operating or managing a consumer electronic repair store or department is a plus
- Living in Windsor is a big plus or at least living within 10-mile radius is a plus
- Experience with computer hardware or software is a plus
- Experience with fixing Virtual Machines is a big plus
OTHER EXPECTED REQUIREMENTS:
â€¢ High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
â€¢ Reliable transportation
â€¢ Cell Phone Repair experience preferred, but not required. We will train the right candidate.
â€¢ Some computer or gadget repair experience is a plus
â€¢ Candidates may be subject to background screening.
This position offers 20 working hours per week, which is 4 hours a day, you can select your schedule either in the morning from 10am to 2pm or in the afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm
Please email, preferably with your resume & cover letter.
Write "Mobile Technician" in the subject line so I know you are not a spammer & has actually read the job description
Phone and Texting facility is provided just in case you want to reach us for something, call or text between 1pm to 9pm only.